Brigid now has a high B average and is on top of her schoolwork. Always an independent young lady, she is becoming more confident and optimistic. She rarely misses school. Recently, I had a day off and her school was in session. I asked if she would like to stay home with me and she was appalled! She said she’d rather go in and not have to make up the extra assignments! She did, however, want me to pick her up so she didn’t have to ride the bus….
I wholeheartedly recommend Natalie and her team of amazing coaches.”
-Alice, Mother of Brigid, High School Junior
“Before hearing about academic life coaching, I had no idea such a thing existed. Once I learned about the benefits of coaching, I realized it was just what my daughter Maya needed! She wanted to be a good student, but she needed support with executive function skills like organization, keeping up with assignments, and time management. I knew she would benefit from small group or individual coaching that was NOT coming from her parents.
Working with an academic life coach has been wonderfully beneficial for Maya and has increased her confidence. I love that she feels like she has another grown-up in her corner, and that now she can take the initiative to do things like email her teachers on her own. The skills that Maya has learned will be applicable throughout her entire life. Thank you for all that you have done for Maya!”
“I searched for an academic life coach for my child when she was about to begin her senior year of high school. She had suffered from a great deal of stress over the past few years, trying to manage a challenging academic schedule and “find her way” socially. She was in traditional “talk” therapy, which she found helpful, but given that she was beginning another busy year of AP courses and facing the college application process, I was interested in finding someone to provide her with the practical skills she needed to reach her academic and life goals. I also was hopeful that coaching could complement the work she was doing with her counselors and therapists.
Having a coach has been beneficial because she has a person she trusts to provide her with advice and guidance, rather than having it come from her parents (and the natural sort of adolescent resistance that entails).
Working with an academic life coach has been a very positive experience and we have observed tangible results in our child’s ability to be better organized and create systems that work for her. The weekly reports were especially helpful, as was the ability to provide insight from the parental perspective without intruding upon the primary relationship between the student and coach.”
Additional Parent Testimonials of Life Success for Teens
- “Conor came home last night having had such a fun time talking and working with you! I have seen an improvement in his effort and that is so exciting as I worry what will happen when he gets to college if he doesn’t have solid habits to help him. I have noticed a change since you have been working with him. His attitude has gotten better as well as his effort! It is wonderful to see. I’m so grateful that you are helping him to realize some of these traits within himself that his dad and I have always attempted to drive home, but kids tend to tune their parents out! Cannot thank you enough”– Parent of a high school senior
- “I am so excited about this program! Every high school student could benefit from it”.- Parent of a high school junior
- “These insights into my children are amazing”- Parent of a high school junior and senior
- “Some good news. Mikhail got 95% on his physics test. You have helped him set high goals and believe in himself. His smile couldn’t be wider! He wanted you to know- shows how important you have been in his life!”- Parent of a high school senior.
- “This exercise is amazing. It’s so important for teens to be able to envision their future and what will make them happy – also to appreciate their own accomplishments.”- Parent of a high school junior
- “Thank you for all the feedback you provide from these sessions. I am delighted with the personal growth that I imagine the kids are experiencing through these sessions with you.”- Parent of a high school junior
- “So glad that Maddie has you to help her through her senior year, I really believe it is helping her. The things that you guys talk about and work on are just awesome topics and great life skills!!! “- Parent of a high school senior
- “Great stuff Natalie, in particular the discussion on putting yourself in someone else’s shoes to understand another’s point of view is an important practice for Charlie. Thank you very much for all you do!!!”- Parent of a high school sophomore.
Wondering if I can help your teenager? Please contact me at Natalie@lifesuccessforteens.com or by clicking here.